The ordering guidelines are divided into three sections:
- For customers in the UK and outside the UK (applies to all customers).
- For customers in the UK only (applies to customers ordering only from the UK).
- For customers outside the UK only (applies to customers ordering only from outside the UK).
For customers in the UK and outside the UK
- Mindovermetal holds practitioner accounts with laboratories in the UK and outside the UK. The corresponding laboratory for each test can be found on the test order pages.
- Please only contact Mindovermetal and not the laboratories with regard to orders, test information, test results and any general queries.
- You will receive a confirmation receipt email after you have placed your order. If you do not receive this, please contact Mindovermetal (please check your spam folder first).
- No doctor or medical referral is needed to purchase the tests.
- The tests can be ordered for other people such as family, friends and clients. At the checkout, the name of the person undergoing the test is added and if applicable a parent or guardian name. The name for the delivery of the test kit is also added at the checkout.
- All tests except for the adrenal stress profile saliva test have no age limits for undergoing the tests. However, a valid and suitable sample is still required for all tests. Please contact Mindovermetal if you have any queries.
- All Viva Health Laboratories test orders made after 12pm Friday and throughout the weekend will be dispatched Monday morning the following week. All other test orders made after 4pm Friday and throughout the weekend will be dispatched Monday morning the following week.
- Most of the test kits will be dispatched by the laboratories except for the max function panel mouth swab test, works panel mouth swab test, hair tissue mineral analysis test and the MTHFR gene and COMT gene mouth swab test. These test kits will be dispatched by Mindovermetal.
- If a test kit is lost in transit on the way to the customer, a new test kit will be sent free of charge to customers in the UK and outside the UK.
- If a test kit is missing a particular component, the missing component or components will be sent free of charge to customers in the UK and outside the UK.
- All test kits come with instructions on how to collect the samples and how to send the samples to the laboratories.
- All test kits come with the appropriate packaging for sending the samples to the laboratories. Extra packaging can be added to make the test kits more secure in transit if desired.
- Some test kits will include a preserving solution and correct packaging to keep the samples preserved and valid until they reach the laboratories. Some samples will need to reach the laboratories sooner than others. This information will be included in the test kit instructions.
- All samples except for blood draw samples can be collected at home. Finger-prick blood spot samples can be collected at home, but blood draw samples require a phlebotomy service.
- Some tests require preparation beforehand, such as avoiding certain foods and supplements. The test kit instructions will include this information.
- No samples are sent to Mindovermetal. All samples are sent directly to the laboratories.
- The maximum timeframe in which samples can be in transit to the laboratories before they become invalid will depend on the type of sample and type of test. This information will be included in the test kit instructions.
- If a sample is no longer valid due to the test kit being delayed or damaged in transit on the way to any of the laboratories, a new test kit will be sent free of charge to customers in the UK and outside the UK.
- If a sample is lost in transit on the way to any of the laboratories, a new test kit will be sent free of charge to customers in the UK and outside the UK.
- All test orders do not expire, and the test kits can be used at any time, but completing the test at least three months after ordering is recommended. Some test kits may have components that expire after a certain timeframe.
- If you or the person you have ordered the test for no longer want to undergo the test and someone else would like to do the test instead, the test kit can be used by another person. The name can be changed on the test requisition form or a new test requisition form can be sent to you if required.
- All test results are sent to you from Mindovermetal and not the laboratories. The test result timeframes are included on the test order pages and this list. The test result timeframes are from the first day the samples reach the laboratories. Test result timeframes are dependent on the type of sample and type of test.
- All test results and treatment advice programmes are sent to you via email as downloadable documents. No documents are sent via post.
- If you do not receive your results within the test result timeframe, then please contact Mindovermetal.
- All test results are produced by the laboratories and not Mindovermetal. Most test results will include a summary from the laboratory, and some test results will also include treatment advice from the laboratory. Mindovermetal will provide comments/summaries separately to the laboratory with all test results and an analysis report depending on the test. Mindovermetal will also provide treatment advice programmes and general treatment advice if required. This is all included in the test prices with no further costs involved.
- Most of the test results can be understood, and both Mindovermetal and the laboratories will explain the result readings in the reports and test results email. If needed, any questions can be directed to Mindovermetal.
- All Mindovermetal services are online based only. There is no in-person appointment service available. Communication is done via email or telephone, and WhatsApp is also an option.
- Practitioner support via email, telephone and WhatsApp is included in the test prices. You can ask as many questions as you like regarding your test results.
- The laboratories Mindovermetal collaborate with do not share your data with third parties and do not use your data for research purposes.
- For the list of test result turnaround times please click here.
For customers in the UK only
- All test kits are sent via Royal Mail and all test orders include free delivery.
- Most of the test kits will arrive the following day (excluding Sundays) if the test kits have been dispatched the previous day. Some test kits may take two days to arrive.
- Test kits from Viva Health Laboratories will include a free Royal Mail tracked 24 hour return label to send the samples to the laboratory. The return label can be used at any time. All other test kits will not include a free return label.
- The only laboratory that has the option to drop the samples off at their location is Viva Health Laboratories in London. The other laboratories only have the option to send the samples via post.
- Viva Health Laboratories is the only laboratory Mindovermetal works with that provides blood tests. The blood test kits from Viva Health Laboratories include only the vials. The phlebotomy service provider provides the rest of the components required for the blood draw. The blood test kits can only be used by a medical healthcare professional who can provide a phlebotomy service.
- The options for phlebotomy are a GP surgery, a phlebotomy service, a phlebotomy service that Viva Health Laboratories work with (please see map below), Ally Health which is a mobile phlebotomy service that Viva Health Laboratories work with, or the phlebotomy can be done at the following three clinics in London that Viva Health Laboratories work with:
Your Thyme Wexham, Park Hall Clinic, Wexham Street, Slough, SL3 6NB
The Hale Clinic, 4 Harley Street, London, W1G 9PB
- The phlebotomy service fee for the Your Thyme clinics is £50, and the phlebotomy service fee for the Hale Clinic is £60. The minimum age for phlebotomy for all four clinics is 8 years old.
- Viva Health Laboratories have a list of available clinics that they work with that can provide phlebotomy services. Please see the interactive map below:
- The phlebotomy service fee for the clinics listed on the map is £50. The minimum age for phlebotomy services for all of the clinics is 18 years old.
- Viva Health Laboratories also works with Ally Health, a mobile phlebotomy service that can come to your address. The fee within the M25 area is £75, and the fees outside the M25 area depend on your location. To receive a quote, please contact Viva Health Laboratories. The minimum age for phlebotomy services with Ally Health is 18 years old.
- Mindovermetal provides two blood tests that require the samples to be instantly centrifuged and then frozen: the methylation panel blood and mouth swab test and the homocysteine blood test. The Hale Clinic is the only clinic that Viva Health Laboratories works with that can provide centrifugal and freezing. The Hale Clinic charges an extra fee of £10 on top of their phlebotomy service fee which is £60. The other option is to use a different phlebotomy service that can provide centrifugal and freezing.
- To arrange a phlebotomy service appointment with either of the three clinics in London, the phlebotomy service clinics from the map or Ally Health mobile phlebotomy service, please contact Viva Health Laboratories to arrange an appointment: call 03300883030 or email email@example.com. Please arrange an appointment after you have paid for your tests with Mindovermetal. You can arrange the appointment before receiving the test kit.
For customers outside the UK only
- Most of the tests are only available to order from Europe (EU and non-EU countries). The only tests that can be ordered worldwide are the MTHFR gene and COMT gene mouth swab test, max function panel mouth swab test, works panel mouth swab test and the hair tissue mineral analysis test.
- Certain countries cannot order the hair tissue mineral analysis test due to exclusive distributor rights. The list of countries is on the test order page.
- The test prices for customers outside the UK are the excl. VAT prices on the test order pages. The 20% VAT charge does not apply to customers ordering from outside the UK.
- Test kits from Viva Health Laboratories will include a delivery fee of £30 per order (not per test kit). All other test kits will include a delivery fee of £10 per order (not per test kit).
- All test kits will be sent tracked, and you will receive an email that includes a tracking link. The timeframe for receiving test kits takes 3–7 days.
- For those ordering from outside the UK, the hair tissue mineral analysis test will be provided as downloadable documents sent to your email, not a test kit sent to your address. This makes it more convenient for both the customer and Mindovermetal. There is no need to wait for a test kit to be delivered. The document in the receipt email is downloaded and printed out, and it has a box shape on the form that is used to measure how much hair is required.
- There should be low import taxes and duty fees or none applied to packages because the test kits have a very low value applied to them. The test kits are the items that are valued for customs purposes, not the test procedure value.
- Any courier service can be used to send the samples, and all samples must be sent tracked. The courier service should be able to provide the appropriate paperwork for exporting biological samples. Please contact Mindovermetal if you need further assistance.