MaxGen Labs test (MaxFunction or TheWorks panel)
MaxFunction panel mouth swab test
£190 (excl. VAT)
£228 (incl. VAT)
TheWorks panel mouth swab test (MaxFunction panel + MaxFood panel + MaxFitness panel)
£290 (excl. VAT)
£348 (incl. VAT)
For info about the test and to view an example report please see details below. For more test ordering info please view the ordering guidelines page. To place an order please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Laboratory: MaxGen Labs.
- Test kit delivery: Test kit dispatched via mindovermetal. 1st class Royal Mail delivery provided free of charge. £10 delivery fee for orders outside the UK, tracking provided.
- Sample required: 1 saliva sample collected from the cheek inside the mouth using a swab. No spit sample required. The test is suitable for all ages.
- Sample analysis: 80 gene variants analysed (MaxFunction panel) or 180 gene variants analysed (TheWorks panel) from the DNA in buccal epithelial cells.
- Returning the sample: The sample will need to be sent directly to MaxGen Lab in the USA. Any courier service can be used to send the sample to the lab. If you are sending from the UK, Royal Mail is the cheapest option. To send the package tracked the cost is £10 - £12. Royal Mail is used at the first stage and then the package is handed over to USPS in the USA.
- Result turnaround time: 2 - 3 weeks from the sample logged date at MaxGen Lab. The sample logged date is 1 - 2 days after the sample has been received at the lab. Sometimes the test result turnaround time is up to 4 weeks if the sample needs to be rerun, this does not happen often.
- Practitioner support and treatment advice programme: Support via email, WhatsApp or phone is included if required and an MTHFR gene mutation treatment advice programme is included if required. Treatment advice is also supplied by the laboratory in the report for other irregularities in genes.
- Results and personal data - Your personal data and test results are not forwarded to companies and organisations for marketing and research purposes. All personal data and test results are kept strictly confidential between the laboratory and mindovermetal Ltd. Test results and samples are deleted and destroyed after they have been sent to you.
- Example report: Download the files below to view a full version of the example reports.
MaxFunction panel test gene variants
TheWorks panel test gene variants