Alpha 1 antitrypsin stool test UK and Europe
For the other leaky gut test please click here.
Order Guidelines/Laboratory Info
- Once you have paid for the test you will receive a confirmation email
- Testing laboratory - Biological Testing Services are based in Brighton (England) and they provide an exclusive UK service for the leading German Micro-biological Dr Hauss Laboratory. Biological Testing Services offer a wide range of microbiological tests (for their website please click here)
- Test kit delivery - Test kits ordered before 3pm Monday to Friday will be sent out the same day. Test kits ordered after 3pm Monday to Thursday will be sent out the following day morning time. Test kits ordered after 3pm Friday and over the course of the weekend will not be sent out till Monday morning the following week
- Sample collection/sending - The test kit is sent directly to you and you can collect the sample at home. The test kit comes with instructions on how to collect the sample and comes with the relevant packaging for you to send it back. Once the sample has been collected you need to post the test kit back to the laboratory. Normal postal charges will apply (large letter rates UK). It is advised to send the sample at the start of the week so that the laboratory receives it during the same working week
- Please note: You can only order this test within Europe
- Refunds - Refunds are only possible if the test kit has not been used within 30 days, after 30 days of not using the test kit a refund is not possible. If you have not used the test kit within 30 days and would like a refund then please email - firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will then be in contact. Please be aware that there is a £7.50 admin fee and a £3.30 postal charge to send the test kit back, the test kit can not be discarded and must be sent back unused
- Results - The test result is sent directly to you from mindovermetal Ltd and not from Biological Testing Services. The result is sent to the email that you provide when you place your order. Test results will come with a full interpretation which is supplied by the laboratory and includes dietary and supplement advice. The turnaround time for results after you have sent your sample is 10 - 14 days. Please make a note of the date you send the sample and if you do not receive your results within the time frame then please email email@example.com and someone will be in contact
Please note: This is not a viable test for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency disorder (A1AD or AATD) which is a genetic condition only. Other testing means are needed to diagnose this condition.
The human intestines have different, partly contrary functions. The intestinal lining has to be permeable for digested food molecules but impermeable for antigens. These can be viruses, bacteria, fungi or certain foods. The mucous membranes should only absorb molecules in a controlled way through the cells with the help of transport proteins. Changes of the mucous membranes, however, caused by inflammation, Coeliacs disease, candida overgrowth, environmental stress or bad diets lead to a loss of that barrier function. The permeability of the mucous tissues is increased. This is called leaky gut syndrome. It causes an increased absorption of antigens, which can cause food allergies which, in turn, can cause damage of the mucous lining once again. A vicious circle. The substance alpha-1-antitrypsine can be detected in the stool, when the leaky gut syndrome is present.